Any Tallahassee roofing expert can tell you how much the concept of rolled roofing has grown in popularity over the years. Rolled roofing uses the same materials as conventional roofing methods: composite shingles. However, they are installed in long, thin strips.
Of course, this method of roofing your home comes with a lot of new benefits, these being just the highlights:
- Even though composite shingles are pretty cost efficient, rolled roofing manages to lower the cost even further. It is actually the least expensive roofing material on the market.
- The installation process could not be simpler. Rolled roofing is easy to apply and any professional roofer can finish the job in no time.
- Worried about your low-slope roof? No need to, since rolled roofing is the best, if not the only way of covering such a roof.
- It is quite resilient when it comes to rainwater and water damage. It also fares well against snow, hail or strong winds.
- Rolled roofing can usually last up to 10 years, which is a pretty good lifespan considering the cost.
- Tallahassee roofing experts – see Burnette Construction - say that rolled roofing does not require the installation of additional vapor barriers.